Although there are many effective psoriasis treatments in improving the appearance of the skin disease, none of them cures the condition for good.
Topical treatments aim to reduce inflammation and scales, slow the growth of skin cells, and remove plaques.
Keratolytic creams and ointments applied directly to the skin can be helpful for reducing itching and skin thickening, promoting exfoliation and improving skin hydration.(4)
(1) Clinical presentation of psoriasis. Ayala F. Reumatismo. 2007;59 Suppl 1:40-5.
(2) Immunology and Skin in Health and Disease and Disease Jillian M. Richmond and John E. Harris
(3) Genetic Epidemiology of Psoriasis Rashmi Gupta, Ph.D., Maya G. Debbaneh, B.A., and Wilson Liao, M.D.
(4) Prevalence and comorbidities in adults with psoriasis compared to atopic eczema M.A. Radtke,* I. Schafer, € 1 G. Glaeske,2 A. Jacobi,1 M. Augustin1
(5) Urea: a comprehensive review of the clinical literature. Pan M1, Heinecke G, Bernardo S, Tsui C, Levitt J.